We are pleased you are considering Edgewood Convalescent Home for your nursing care needs. We know this can be a difficult time for the entire family and we want to provide you with the information you and your family need to make an informed choice.
Edgewood Convalescent Home's campus includes 24-hour skilled nursing care. We offer both private and semi-private accommodations. We are dedicated to the care and rehabilitation of those we serve. Our team approach and relationship with therapists, social workers, physicians and pharmacists is used to design the most effective treatment program to meet each person's specific needs.
Our goal is to care for each person with special attention to the preservation of independence and dignity.
- Physical Therapy
- The focus of physical therapy is to restore physical function and to relieve pain. Treatment plans and exercises are geared to increase strength, range of motion and balance. Treatment plans are also geared to improve the ability to transfer, maneuver a wheelchair and walk safely. It also helps to reduce pain, thereby increasing the ability to do more for oneself.
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational therapy enhances daily living skills to enable individuals to remain as independent as possible. Treatment plans revolve around functional daily living activities such as dressing, eating and toileting. Other aspects of occupational therapy focus on preventing and/or correcting joint deformity through splinting and exercise and assessing the need for adaptive equipment.
- Speech Therapy
- Services are available to residents experiencing difficulty swallowing, eating or communicating due to loss of speech or hearing. Treatment plans focus on methods to retrain word retrieval function lost as a result of illness or injury. Typical speech therapy goals may include strengthening communication skills so individuals can express basic needs or wants, as well as to reduce choking when swallowing and eating.
- Respite & Short-Term Care
- We offer respite care as a break for those who need temporary relief from the demands of providing care for a friend or family member. Whether it is for a vacation, a weekend or even during inclement weather, we can take over for you when you need us.
- Short-term care provides temporary healthcare for people recovering from an illness or surgery. Our emphasis is to return individuals to their homes when they are able to do so.
- Hospice/Terminal Care
- Hospice care provides comfort and supportive medical care to terminally ill residents and their families. We work simultaneously with area hospice programs to supplement care and provide for a loving, sensitive and private environment for residents and their families.
- Restorative Nursing
- We have an in-house restorative nursing department that works with Physical and Occupational Therapists after a resident has been discharged from Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. The goal of restorative nursing is to help residents maintain their progress and continued improvement.