Flu and Cold Season Reminders:
I’d like to share a few tips that will hopefully get us through this season safely!
- Hand washing! Scrub with soap & water for at least 20 seconds! Alcohol based hand sanitizers are wonderful as well, just throw a bottle in your pocket or purse and you’ll have one everywhere you go.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, & mouth with potentially contaminated hands.
- Avoid others who are sick.
- Wipe down “high traffic” areas such as shopping carts, doorknobs, & countertops.
- If you happen to feel or get sick, please stay at home to avoid spreading illness to others. Make sure you cover your mouth & nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Most importantly, take care of yourself! Establish healthy habits such as getting plenty of rest, staying physically active, staying hydrated, & eating balanced meals.
Our flu clinic for residents & staff is scheduled for October 25th!
Paige Hutchinson RN
Director of Nursing